3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium eggplant (about 1-1/4 -pounds)
6 tablespoons pizza sauce
6 slices mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Brush 1 tablespoon oil on bottom of rectangular pan, 13 x 9 x 2 inches.
3. Cut eggplant into twelve 1/2-inch slices.
4. Spoon about 1 tablespoon pizza sauce onto each of 6 eggplant slices.
5. Top each with 1 slice cheese (cut or fold cheese, if necessary, to fit) and with remaining eggplant slices. Beat eggs and milk.
6. Mix bread crumbs and parsley in shallow dish.
7. Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, then into crumb mixture, turning to coat both sides. 9. Drizzle with remaining oil. 10. Cover pan with aluminum foil. 11. Bake 20 minutes. 12. Remove foil and turn sandwiches. 13. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until sandwiches are golden brown and eggplant is tender.