Baked Eggplant Hoagies
2 medium eggplants, sliced 1/3 inch thick
Preheat oven to 400.
1 cup white flour
3 tablespoon spike
1 1/2 tablespoons basil or italian seasoning
2 eggs, beaten
6 hoagie rolls
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1) Mix flour and seasonings in one medium size bowl.
2) Put beaten eggs in another bowl and coat the eggplant with egg and the flour mix.
3) Bake on a cookie sheet coated with 1 tablespoon oil for 25 minutes. The eggplant will have a golden crust.
4) Turn the oven down to 350. Cut open the rolls or lay slices of bread on a cookie sheet. Put cheese on one side and tomato sauce on the other. Place in the oven for 5- 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
5) Place 2 or 3 slices of the baked eggplant on the hoagie rolls and enjoy.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe