Eggplant with Walnut Dressing
3/4 cup walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place walnuts on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the smell of the nuts fills the kitchen.
2 cups vegetable oil for frying
2 cups plain yogurt
1 minced hot green chile peppers
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
2. Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch thick rings, and soak in salted water for 15 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a heavy pan or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (170 degrees C). Slide eggplant into hot oil, and deep fry until golden brown. Fry in batches to maintain oil temperature. Remove from oil, drain, and cool.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, green chile peppers, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and walnuts. Season to taste with salt. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
5. Place eggplant rings in a serving dish, and spoon dressing evenly over top. Garnish with red pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe