Eggplant Spread (version IV)
1 large eggplant
1. Place eggplant in baking dish and pierce in a few places. Bake in preheated oven 425°F oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until tender. Cool. Peel eggplant and chop finely.
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger root
4 green onions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon oriental chili paste
1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
2. In small bowl, combine soy sauce with sugar, vinegar, and water.
3. In wok or skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, 2 tablespoons green onions and chili paste. Cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
4. Add soy sauce mixture, and when bubbling, add eggplant. Stir to combine well. Heat thoroughly.
5. Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil. Place in serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining green onions. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe
Alternate Versions of This Recipe: