Eggplant Salad with Yogurt
3 large, oval eggplants
1. Cut eggplants in half lengthwise, then slice 5 mm (1/4 inch) thick slices with salt and place in a bowl. Leave for 30 minutes then drain excess water from eggplants.
1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 cups yogurt,
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cloves garlic, crushed,
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts,
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
ground black pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry eggplant until golden brown on each side. Add more oil to pan if required.
3. Mix yogurt with sour cream in a bowl, then add other sauce ingredients.
4. Place a layer of cooled eggplant in serving dish, overlapping slices a little. Spread the yogurt sauce on top. Repeat, finishing with a layer of yogurt sauce. Cover and chill.
5. Serve garnished with chopped walnuts and cilantro.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe
Alternate Versions of This Recipe: