3 medium eggplants
1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
1 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Slice eggplants lengthwise. Place in colander in layers with slat between each layer. Let stand 1 hour to remove bitterness.
2. Wash eggplant well to get the salt out and dry in paper towels very well.
3. Heat plenty of the oil mixture and cook eggplants in batches. Dry in paper towels.
4. Place 1 layer of eggplant in a baking dish.
5. Top it with tomato sauce and sprinkle parmesan. Place 1 layer mozzarella and then start with the eggplant again.
6. Keep alternating layers in the same manner.
7. Top layer should be eggplant. Sprinkle rest of parmesan. 9. Bake another 15 minutes. 10 Serve hot NOTES : Try to coat eggplants with flour and also cut it very thin next time Should add a little oregano to the sauce.