Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna for Two
9 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
1. Cook lasagna pieces according to package directions. Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
about 3/4 pound medium eggplant
olive oil cooking spray
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 tablespoons low sodium parmesan cheese, grated
1 26 ounce jar marinara sauce
1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
1 15 ounce container light ricotta cheese
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2. Trim ends and peel eggplant; cut crosswise into 12 1/4-inch slices.
3. Place on foil-lined baking sheet; coat well with cooking spray.
4. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source 5 minutes or until browned.
5. Turn; coat well with cooking spray. Broil 3 minutes. Remove from broiler; sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese.
6. Return to broiler; broil 1 minute or until cheese is golden brown.
7. Remove pan from broiler; let stand 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 375° F.
8. Combine marinara sauce and Italian seasoning.
9. Spread 1/3 cup sauce each in bottom of two disposable foil 8 x 8 2-inch baking pans.
10. Drain lasagna; rinse with cold water. Cut lasagna pieces crosswise, forming 18 pieces.
11. Layer 3 pieces in each pan; top with half of ricotta cheese.
12. Place eggplant slices over cheese; top with 1/4 cup sauce.
13. Repeat layering in each pan with 3 more lasagna pieces, 1/4 cup sauce, remaining ricotta cheese, last 3 lasagna pieces and remaining sauce.
14. Cover pans with aluminum foil; place one pan in a large resealable freezer bag.
15. Freeze up to 2 months for another meal. Bake remaining lasagna 40 minutes or until hot.
16. Remove foil; sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
17. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
18. Let stand 5 minutes; cut in squares.
19. Sprinkle with fresh basil or parsley, if desired.
20. To reheat frozen lasagna, thaw in refrigerator over night or at least 8 hours.
21. Bake as directed.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe