1 large eggplant
Preheat oven to 350º
2 tablespoons salt
1 green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup butter
6 fresh tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup water
1 cup grated cheddar
1. Slice eggplant, sprinkle with salt and let sit for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter and sauté the green pepper, celery, garlic, onion and tomatoes for about 5 minutes.
3. Add water and simmer for 15 minutes
4. Wipe the liquid that has formed on the eggplant with a paper towel.
5. In a new frying pan, sauté the eggplant until softened and amp; lightly browned.
6. Layer eggplant in a baking dish, pour tomatoes sauce over tope and bake for 30-45 minutes. Serves: 6-8 people
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe