Butter Bean Sausages
4 ounces eggplant, peeled and chopped
1. Combine the eggplant, onion, chili powder, garlic, wine and stock in a small frying pan. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer briskly for 7 minutes. Uncover, and continue to cook, stirring, until the onion is very soft and the liquid is gone, adding more water as needed.
1 small onion, finely chopped
pinch chili powder, optional
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 ounces dry red wine
4 ounces vegetable stock, made with cube
15 ounce can butter beans
1 tablespoon fresh breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons each orange and lemon juice
salt and freshly-ground black pepper
To coat the sausages:
1 ounces breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
2. Put the aubergine mixture in a blender with the butter beans, breadcrumbs and juices. Puree until smooth and season to taste.
3. Chill the mixture in the fridge for at least an hour.
4. Meanwhile, put the breadcrumbs in the blender with the nutritional yeast and process until very fine.
5. Spread the crumbs on a plate, and drop spoonfuls of the bean mixture on top. Carefully roll around to form sausages, coated with the crumbs. Make about 10.
6. Open freeze on a bag spread on a baking sheet, or cook under the grill (broiler) for about 5 minutes on each side until browned. Be careful - they are fragile until the crust has formed. You can cook them from frozen in the same way, for slightly longer.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe