Tofu and Vegetable Stir-fry
1/4 cup soy sauce
1. Combine the soy sauce, vinegar and tofu. Toss gently to coat and set aside to marinate.
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
16 ounce firm tofu
16 ounce fresh shiitake mushrooms
1 bunch broccoli
1 bunch of scallions
1/4 cup salad oil
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon ginger, chopped
2 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon tabasco
cilantro, sprigs, for garnish
2. Using a sharp knife, peel the eggplant and cut into 2-inch strips.
3. Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
4. Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces.
5. Trim the tops from the scallions and cut them into 2-inch pieces.
6. Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu, reserving marinade, and fry until crisp and golden-brown, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove the tofu and keep warm. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of the oil from the pan.
7. Add the honey, scallions, ginger, garlic and Tabasco to the reserved marinade; stir well. Heat the reserved oil and add the mushrooms, broccoli and eggplant. Briefly sauté the vegetables and add the marinade. Stir gently to coat.
8. Sauté the vegetables until the broccoli is tender, about 2 minutes. Cut the tofu into 1/2-inch slices.
9. Spoon the stir-fry onto a heated serving platter. Arrange the tofu on top and pour any extra stir-fry broth on top of the tofu. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe