Stuffed Eggplant and Pasta
1 medium sized eggplant
1. Trim the stem end off the eggplant and then make four evenly spaced slits from approximately 1 inch from the top to almost the bottom, do not cut through the eggplant.
grated bread crumbs
crushed dried basil
crushed dried marjoram
finely minced garlic
finely grated italian cheese such as parmesan
2. Make a mixture of bread crumbs, basil, marjoram, garlic, and cheese. (The amounts of each item to use depends on how you want the mixture to taste--I use more cheese and garlic than anything else). Mix all the ingredients with a small amount of olive oil to moisten the mixture.
3. Stuff each slit with as much of the mixture as possible then lightly sauté the stuffed eggplant in olive oil until lightly golden.
4. Make your sauce as usual.
5. About 45 minutes to 1 hour before serving your dinner place the eggplant in the sauce and simmer for 1 hour or until soft.
6. To serve: Remove the eggplant from the sauce. Drain your pasta and place in a large platter leaving a center section for the eggplant. Spoon part of the sauce over the pasta. Slice the eggplant into 1 inch slices and arrange in the center of the pasta. Spoon the sauce over the eggplant and sprinkle grated cheese over all.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe