Prepare vegetables before beginning recipe. Slice onion, cut garlic into slivers or mince, chop parsley, cut eggplant into 1-inch rounds, cut zucchini into 1/4-inch rounds, seed and chop red pepper. Blanch tomatoes by placing in boiling water for 10 seconds. Drain, and when cool enough to handle, peel, seed and chop. Reserve juice from tomatoes.
1/4 cup olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 eggplant, 1-inch slices
2 zucchini, sliced
1 red bell pepper
3 tablespoons wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
* Instead of parsley for garnish, use basil or oregano (fresh) if you prefer.
1. Heat oil in a deep, heavy saucepan. Add onion, garlic and 1 tablespoon parsley. Sauté about 3 minutes or until onion is soft. Add eggplant, zucchini and red sweet pepper and mix well.
2. Cover pan and simmer over low heat until the vegetables are tender; about 30-35 minutes. Add tomatoes with the juice, stir well, cover again and simmer 10 minute more.
3. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Add wine vinegar and black pepper to taste. Stir well. Place into serving dish and garnish with fresh parsley, basil or oregano. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe