Ron's Eggplant Delight
1 cup chopped onion
1. Sauté onions, peppers, garlic and dal in the sesame oil till onions are clear.
1 large green pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 (or more) Jalapeno peppers, chopped
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 32 ounce mushroom spaghetti sauce
1 can mushroom stems and pieces
1 cup coarse, seasoned bread crumbs
3 eggplants, diced
2/3 cup urad dal (or rice)
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces grated velveeta, (hot mexican)
3 tablespoons butter
2. Add eggplant and salt and stir till well combined.
3. Add spaghetti sauce, basil, oregano, sugar and mushrooms and stir to mix; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, sauté bread crumbs in butter or oleo over high heat till golden brown.
5. Pour eggplant mixture into lightly oiled, 2 1/2 l baking dish, and cover with grated Velveeta. Top with bread crumbs and bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe