Roasted Eggplant and Goat Cheese Tortilla with Roasted Red Pepper
1 medium eggplant, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large red pepper
1 tablespoon red onion
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
8 ounces mild goat cheese
2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
4 large flour tortillas
2. Lightly brush the eggplant in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes.
3. Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and place in the oven for 10 minutes to heat or heat on burner.
4. Top each tortilla with 1/4 of the eggplant, thyme and goat cheese. Drizzle on the vinaigrette and roll up.
How to Prepare the Vinaigrette:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Rub the red pepper with 1 teaspoon olive oil .
3. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes.
4. Place in a paper bag to steam. Cut in half and remove the stem and seeds, peel off the skin and dice. 6. Slowly add the olive oil, drop by drop at first, and continue blending until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe