Nasu Karashi Sumiso-ae
Eggplant with Mustard and Miso Dressing
1 pound eggplant
1. In advance: cut the eggplant in half lengthwise, then crossways into 4 pieces, then into 4-inch cubes.
4 tablespoons white miso dressing
2-1/2 teaspoons powdered mustard (sasabi)
1 pinch salt
2-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
2. Bring 3/4 pt water to boil in a small saucepan.
3. Add salt and drop in eggplant.
4. Boil for 3-5 minutes.
5. Drain and let cool.
6. Pat the cubes dry.
7. To assemble and serve: put the miso, soy sauce, and wasabi into a mixing bowl and stir until well blended.
8. Add the eggplant and toss until well coated.
9. Serve at room temperature.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe