Moroccan Sweet Potato Stew
1-1/2 cups chopped onion
1. Combine onions and garlic a little water if needed and cook covered until tender (about 10 minutes)
2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon turmeric
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 to 3 sweet potatoes- peeled and cubed
1 medium red bell pepper chopped coarsely
1 small eggplant cubed
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1 can sliced or diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup raisins
chopped cilantro as garnish
2. Stir in next 8 items and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Stir in next 4, bring to boil, reduce to simmer, cover, 5 minutes
4. Add next 3 simmer covered, until sweet potatoes are tender (about 5 minutes).
5. Sprinkle cilantro garnish and serve.
makes a delicous addition to our families weekly meals.
Daniel, Isle of Man
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe