Mediterranean Grilled Vegetables
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Blend the oil, spices and garlic together to form a marinade.
2 teaspoons mixed herbs
1 teaspoon fresh garlic
1 red pepper, peeled, cored and quartered
2 baby eggplants, halved lengthwise
1 fennel bulb, quartered
8 baby sweet corn
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2. Place the prepared vegetables in a large bowl, pour over the marinade and toss well to ensure that they are evenly coated. Leave for at least one hour, preferably longer, turning from time to time.
3. Preheat a grill or barbecue and when hot, cook the vegetables for 10 minutes or until tender, turning frequently and brushing with any remaining marinade. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
3. Make the cheese sauce by warming the milk in a large heavy saucepan. Melt the butter in another saucepan, add the flour and cook for a few minutes without letting it color. Then gradually add the warmed milk, stirring constantly to keep the mixture smooth. When all the milk has been added let the sauce simmer very gently for about 10 minutes. Stir in the egg yolk, if using, cheeses and seasoning and remove from the heat. Add the soured cream and adjust the seasoning, it necessary.
4. To assemble the lasagna, brush the bottom of a 3 5 pint ovenproof dish generously with olive oil. Place 4 sheets of lasagna on the bottom of the dish and top with half of the tomato sauce, half of the roasted vegetables and one-third of the cheese sauce. Top this with 4 more sheets of lasagna and repeat the process until you have one-third of the cheese sauce left, with which to top the remaining layer of lasagna. Garnish with the tomato slices.
5. Place in a preheated oven, 350°F and bake for about 45-55 minutes, or until the top is golden. Allow the lasagna to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe
Alternate Versions of This Recipe: