Grilled Vegetable and Camembert Pie
1 small onion, cut into chunks
1. If the pastry case is uncooked, bake it for 10 minutes.
1 green, red or yellow pepper, cut into chunks
1 courgette, sliced
1/2 aubergine, cut into chunks
1/2 a camembert (125g or so), cut into wedges
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
a pinch each of dried oregano, thyme, sage etc.
1 pastry case
2. Put the chopped vegetables into a bowl, drizzle some olive oil over and toss until well coated. Spread the veggies out on a baking sheet and grill for 5 to 10 minutes each side, until they start to char. Don't burn them too much - they're going to cook again in the pie.
3. Beat the eggs with the milk and add the dried herbs.
4. Place the grilled veggies in the pastry case, sprinkle with salt, arrange the Camembert wedges over the top and pour in the egg mixture.
5. Bake at 375° for about 25 minutes, by which time the top should be golden brown and the eggs should be set. Eat this warm with salad, red wine.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe